Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

unread messages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 17 Jul 2010 08:36

When members don't pay the annual membership on Genes, Do they still recieve messages from other members concerning their tree?
I have over 50 messages outstanding that haven't been opened and read.
Very frustrating!!!!!

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 17 Jul 2010 08:41

Yes they still receive messages and can reply to them.

One of the problems is if they have changed their email address and not updated it on GR.

Christine

Gai

Gai Report 17 Jul 2010 08:42

Hi Donna,

Yes unpaid members still received messages and they can reply to these messages. Unpaid members can't initiate messages or post on the forum boards. I had a hot match to a member who hadn't been a member for over 3 years and she was surprised that she could reply to my message.

So maybe these members don't understand that they can reply so maybe send another message and say that you can reply if you are now longer a member.

Also maybe some of these people have changed their email address or are now deceased.

Regards,
Gai

Donna

Donna Report 17 Jul 2010 09:19

Thankyou all for you comments.

There was one member who I really wanted to contact. He doesn't seem to have posted any messages on the boards or have anyother people in his tree. There was just him with year of birth. I know he is the one I am searching for so all very frustrating that i can't exchange info.

Thankyou

Donna

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jul 2010 12:07

After people have died, their trees stay on site unless their family request that they be removed from the site, so it possible this could be the case with some in this situation.

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 17 Jul 2010 12:20

I would assume if there is only his name in his tree that he has left GR and has no intention of returning.

Have you tried searching on Facebook and Friends Reunited