Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

electoral registers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 22 Jul 2010 16:00

hi could some one advise me please
i understand you can only check electoral registers at liberies, but do you have to go to the one in the area or can you go to any one thank you zena

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 22 Jul 2010 16:16

hello pigletspal thank you for that im on holiday soon so looks like i'll be going to birmingham its not far so think i'll go personally thanks again zena

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 22 Jul 2010 16:52

Zena,

You could be in luck since the ER's you appear to be interested in are Birmingham ones. There is a site which has transcribed a lot of the ER's for Birmingham for the 1st half of the 20th century. You can search by address or unusually for ER's, by name. It is a pay per view site but very reasonably priced.

http://www.midlandshistoricaldata.org/index.html

Good luck.

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 22 Jul 2010 20:57

thanks jonesey will give a go x zena

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Jul 2010 21:15

Or PM me what you want - will be going there 9th Aug or thereabouts. Can only search by address though, so if it's names you are looking for you can try above site.
Jan

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 22 Jul 2010 21:35

ok thanks jan x zena