Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

General Registry Office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 22 Jul 2010 22:49

Is anyone else experiencing problems, tried to log in last night, and kept getting a security warning come up saying " Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered"
This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which copuld compromise the security of the entire page.

Thelma

Thelma Report 23 Jul 2010 11:08

I do not see that as a problem.
The only way that you can order is to click "yes"

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 23 Jul 2010 14:21

It seems to be something recent. I just clicked yes and had no problem.

Angela

Angela Report 23 Jul 2010 23:36

sorry for getting back sooner but had to get some sleep. I clicked on the button that says "forget your password " and am still waiting for a reply that was 48 hours ago and still nothing it seems to me that they are ignoring me and yet i have bought about 10./15 certs from them since i started this hobby last year.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 24 Jul 2010 02:14

Forgetting your password is a different issue from clicking on the View Webpage content. If you got to the stage of entering your password you presumably clicking Yes on the Viewing Webpage screen.. A forgotten password should be emailed to you within minutes.

Try it again, write down what you did, and come back to us with the results.

Angela

Angela Report 25 Jul 2010 18:25

Hi madmeg, went onto their website clicked onto the Register/Login screen, then the security message came up, clicked on the yes and it comes up with the Register/login in page, then realised that i had forgot my password, so clicked on "forgotten your password, typed in my email address and then it said please allow upto an hour for a reply, and four days later i am still waiting for a reply with my new password. angela

Loopylou

Loopylou Report 25 Jul 2010 23:17

Hi Angela,thank goodness someone else is having the same problem,l thought it was me,l have tried for about a week,everyday,and lm not getting a em.either,l dont what to do now.regards Bette.

Angela

Angela Report 26 Jul 2010 22:22

Hi loopyloo
Tried again yesterday and again today, as i have a second email address i decided to set up a new account to get round the problem, am thinking about giving them a ring to find what is going on. I suggest if you don't have a second email then get one on hotmail at least i am not the only one having this problem now i have to wait even longer for my important birth cert to arrive as only sent off for it this morning after waiting a week for them to pm me with a new password. angela

Loopylou

Loopylou Report 27 Jul 2010 17:50

Hi Angela,what a good idea,never thought of that.l will try that.regards Bette

Angela

Angela Report 27 Jul 2010 21:39

Hi Loopyloo Thought you would like that one such a simple idea. They say the simplest ideas are the best. angela

Pauline

Pauline Report 27 Jul 2010 22:48

What's happening with all these sites? i know this has nothing to do with Genes, but I have been trying to book a flight with Bmibaby for the last month and just can't get on to the site, now my daughter has tried and she can't either (even though she is much more IT experienced than I am). My son in England reckons their technicians don't know what they are doing! Pauline

Angela

Angela Report 27 Jul 2010 23:20

I agree with youy pauline.WHAT are these companies upto , they all keep telling us todo it online but can't get on to their websites. At least we are saving our hard earned pennies!!! angela