Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birkhead family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rendcomb45

rendcomb45 Report 23 Jul 2010 09:52

hello My name is Alan Birkhead and I am trying to find alink to my branch of the Birkhead family.My gggggrandfather was john Birkhead and he was born ?1750 in Penistone Yorks. He married a Hannah Falkingham 1.2.1776 My ggggrandfather was john Birkhead and he was born in1776 and died 1846 He was married to a Mary Marsh in Penistone . mary was born in Penistone 1785 Mary was living in Hunslet as a widow in 1851 aged 66. thet had 4 children...Ann(/Hannah) born 1806...John born 1813 ,Charlotte born1816 and my gggrandfather David born 1823.David married Emma Howe (born 1831 in Stanley) and they had 4 children... Ann Elizabeth 1852(?previous marriage of David).Emma 1858,William 1862 and myggrandfather John born 1867 John married aFrances Green who was born in Lincoln 1858, at Bramley 1884 There were 2 children Jonh William born 1887 and my grandfather James born in 1889 . John William married a Lilian Claughton Dec 1908 at Bramley and they had 3 children to the best of my knowlege..Charles Henry 1909,james Edward 1911 and Minnie ? dob.. I am trying to trace John Williams' line so I would be very gratefil if someone can help me or give me some advice as to how to trace this line Thank you Alan J ames Birkhead

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 23 Jul 2010 10:04

Hi
1911 census

Household information
Address 4 Marsh Square
Parish Leeds
Type of Building Private House
Number of Rooms Two
Inhabited Y
Reference RG14PN27010 RG78PN1548A RD500 SD3 ED29 SN56
Administrative County Yorkshire (West Riding)
Registration District Leeds
Registration Sub District West Leeds
Enumeration District 29
Householder 1
Name John William Birkhead
Relationship to Head of Household Head
Condition / Years Married Married
Gender M
Age 24
Estimated Year of Birth 1887
Occupation Labourer Hide Market
Employed Y
Working at Home N
Industry Hide Curing
Place of Birth Co Durham Gateshead
Householder 2
Name Lilian Birkhead
Relationship to Head of Household Wife
Condition / Years Married Married
Gender F
Age 26
Estimated Year of Birth 1885
Employed N
Working at Home N
Place of Birth Yorkshire Stanningley
Householder 3
Name Charles Henry Birkhead
Relationship to Head of Household Son
Gender M
Age 1
Estimated Year of Birth 1910
Occupation Juvenile
Employed N
Working at Home N
Place of Birth Yorkshire Halifax

Thelma

Thelma Report 23 Jul 2010 10:11

Maybe
Name: Phyllis Birkhead
Year of Registration: 1911
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Mother's Maiden Name: Claughton
District: Leeds (1837-1929)
County: Yorkshire - West Riding
Volume: 9b
Page: 580

Preview
Name: Evelyn Birkhead
Year of Registration: 1914
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Mother's Maiden Name: Claughton
District: West Derby
County: Lancashire
Volume: 8b

Cannot find another marriage with this surname combination.
Death??
Phyllis Birkhead abt 1903 1905 Dewsbury Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 23 Jul 2010 10:11

possible birth for Minnie

Quarter April / May / June
Birkhead Minnie
District Halifax
Volume 3A
Page 408

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 12 Oct 2010 13:03

Right. I sent Alan a message on 24.7. to let him know about these replies.

Today I have received a message from him to state that he doesn't know what to do.

I will send him another message to try and get him back here.

Bear with us!! Cx

rendcomb45

rendcomb45 Report 13 Oct 2010 07:36

Hello my name isDr Alan Birkhead and I am trying to find links to the family of my great uncle John william Birkhead born 1887. His son was charles henry Birkhead born in 1909 -died in Leeds Yorks 2000 .john was born in gateshead county Durham.his wife was Lilain Claughton born instanningley Yorks ?1885. Charles Henry was married to an Alice Naylor in leeds 1940 . There are two other children to the best of my knowlege ---phyllis born ?1911 and Evelyn born 1914in west Derby area lancastershire .I am trying to find children of either Charles Henry,Phyllis or Evelyn . If any body can help me to contact any living relatives i would be extremely grateful. I am amedical practitioner in Sydney Australia and am going to the UK in April 2010 and would love to contact my family in the Uk Thank you ALAN

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 13 Oct 2010 07:40

Welcome back Alan. I see you have changed your board name. I think the best thing to do to find any living relatives is to put the names you are researching into the search trees box at the top of the page. If you find someone has your family in their tree, you can contact the tree owner and send a message to them. Regards. Cx.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 13 Oct 2010 07:52

I have just had a quick look. There are quite a few Birkhead's in trees on this site and I think you should take a look through to verify any possible links, especially those who have been vague with 'Yorkshire'. However, you may need to check your own tree too as you have Evelyn down as being born in Halifax on it, whereas she was born in West Derby, Liverpool.

I presume you mean you are coming to the UK in 2011 - otherwise we are just too late to help......lol

Hope you find some connections. Regards. Cx

rendcomb45

rendcomb45 Report 23 Oct 2010 00:56

Hello Cynthia have had some luck with FR and have found Susan have sent her amessage and she was amazed as she was not aware of an Australian connection . She gave me her e-mail address .Thank you Regards Alan( Rendcomb45)

Flick

Flick Report 23 Oct 2010 12:39

DUPLICATE POSTING

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1244926

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 23 Oct 2010 13:20

Spotted it Flick! I still don't think Alan has quite grasped this site yet! Ah well :)) Cx