Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

will I get my money back?find my past

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 23 Jul 2010 16:57

Hello.

About a month ago I subscribed to Find my past on one of their 12 month packages. After trying out the site I am not totally happy with it and would prefer to go back to Ancestry which seems more user friendly.

Can I cancel my years subscription and get a refund of the 11 months I haven't used yet?

Please advise.
I have been on the website for info,but all very confusing.

Many Thanks
Donna

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 23 Jul 2010 17:24

when I cancelled mine on FMP they calculated how many records I had already looked at, converted them to credits and then took that amount away from my sub. So I ended up with about half my sub back.

Jennifer

Flick

Flick Report 23 Jul 2010 17:26

The only way to find out their current poilcy is to ask on the site

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 Jul 2010 17:38

I know that Ancestry allows you to cancel your subscription within a certain length of time at no cost, you get all your money back. Problem is I can't remember what length of time.
Edit: Just checked, believe it's only 7 days.

Donna

Donna Report 23 Jul 2010 20:35

Thankyou all for you help. I will contact them to see what their policy is on cancellations.

Thanks again

Donna