Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

policeman and clergymen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 29 Jul 2010 17:30

Does anyone know if you can access any Police service records online as I have two in my tree and would like to know more about what they did also is there anywhere i can find out where the clergymen in my family were priest ie. which churches they preached at thank you

Potty

Potty Report 29 Jul 2010 17:33

Googled and got this for clergy:

http://www.theclergydatabase.org.uk/search/record.html

There were also several other sites.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jul 2010 17:35

National Archives for the policeman, depending on which force he worked for. Even if you can't find his actual service records, he might be quoted in a court case as a witness.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 30 Jul 2010 16:44

Re the clergymen Heather, do you know which denomination they belonged to and which area they came from?

The site which Potty kindly found is for Anglican clergy but you can google the HQ of the Methodist church etc. for more info.

Heather

Heather Report 30 Jul 2010 23:57

thank you very much for the information I am not sure of the denomination I think they were Cof E but not certain they Preached in Lancashire , Carilse and Scotland , I know that one of them Robert Fisher was a priest at the church at killington hall, Lancashire at some point if that help to determine which denomination he was. thanks again for your help will look in to the national archive for policeman as far as I know thy were both metroplitain police as one served in Holbourn and one in Hackney

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 31 Jul 2010 10:05

Hi Heather, if you put both of the names of your relatives on this thread, along with dates etc., it is quite possible that the helpers may be able to find them on a census etc. which would give their address.

The church for Killington Hall is All Saints [google] - it may be worth contacting the church for more info.

Cx