Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Opening trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 7 Aug 2010 15:08

Can anyone advise how I can have 2 trees open on 2 separate tabs? Every time I have my own tree open and then attempt to open another to which I have been given access (in order to compare them), my own original tree is cancelled and overwritten with the other tree. Help!!!

Liz

Liz Report 7 Aug 2010 15:18

Try opening your browser a second time, and work in two windows?

Trevor

Trevor Report 7 Aug 2010 15:18

hi carole all you have to do is open the tree you want then when you click on the other tree click on open in new window hope that helps
trevor

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 7 Aug 2010 18:54

To have more than one tree open proceed as follows:-

* Open the first tree by clicking on the Family Tree button.

* Open the second tree by pointing to the Family Tree button and right clicking "open in new tab" (or "Open in new window", if you prefer)

* Select the second tree (which will be yours, at this stage) then change to the persons that you want by selecting from the drop down, top right.

Optionally, repeat steps two and three until you run out of trees to open.....!

Carole

Carole Report 8 Aug 2010 16:16

Thanks to everyone for the info.