Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Liverpool Help with street location

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 9 Aug 2010 14:40

I'm trying to find out where in Liverpool Pineapple Place (I think its place) was.
I've tried contacting the history library but its closed for refurb and the temporary building isn't up and running yet.

I've also tried doing a street name census search but nothing

Does anyone have an old map or know how I can locate Pineapple Place in Liverpool.
Thanks
MB

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 9 Aug 2010 14:51

any good:

258 Park Road - Dingle - Merseyside - L8 4UE

The Pineapple Hotel in Liverpool is a 150 year old former coaching inn; now boasting an ever popular B&B accommodation

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 9 Aug 2010 14:51

Try googling "liverpool family history forum" - there is a site. You might get some local advice that way.
Jan
PS tried googlemap on the off-chance and the only current Pineapple Place is in B'ham!!

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 9 Aug 2010 15:03

Charles Turner
Estimated birth year: abt 1814
Relation: Head
Spouse's name: Mary A.
Where born: Kirkby In Ashby, Nottinghamshire, England

Civil parish: Toxteth Park
County/Island: Lancashire

Street Address: Pineapple Hotel 258 Park Road
Condition as to marriage: Married
Education:

Employment status: View image

Registration district: Toxteth Park
Sub-registration district: Toxteth Park
ED, institution, or vessel: 42
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Charles Turner 67
Mary A. Turner 72
Samuel Turner 30
James Curry 26
Frances Howard 25
Martha Tetley 26

Michael

Michael Report 9 Aug 2010 15:25

try "google maps" is the best bet

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 9 Aug 2010 15:51

I've looked in google maps etc but the one is Birmingham - thank brummiejan
The Pineapple Hotel goes give an area to search
Perhaps the street changed its name

Anyone with an old map of Liverpool covering the Princes Park area?

Thanks
MB

Vicki

Vicki Report 9 Aug 2010 16:46

Hi Mummy Bear
Just had a look at Lancs 1871 census for any likely streets & did find the pub called 'Pine Apple' at 274 Park Road, (piece 3801) listed for Chas Turner, head, 57, Licensed Vicgtualler, for South Toxteth, West Derby.

Also, is a Pineapple Street, in Openshaw, Chorlon, piece 3983 which is next street to Gorton Bank. Occuper given as George Thomas, 25, Brick Maker, wife Betsey, 22. Think this is closer to Manchester though.

Also, under Piece 3788, there is Pine Apple, Liverpool and it's in the Municipal Ward, district is Christ Church, and it's near Lime Street. Numer 29 Pine Apple appears to also include numbers 23,2 25, 27 & 29 uner a housekeeper.

Any use to you?

Regards, Vicki

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 9 Aug 2010 20:36

Hi there,
I have 3 books on liverpool. One called Liverpool a tribute to the city an its people. Bootle the Archive photograph series. and Yesteryear at Longmoor Lane, The History of an Aintree School. A lady we knew passed away and her family came from Liverpool. I thought i might be able to find a home from them on here. If you are interested, i will check out how much the postage is, as the books are heavy. If you are interested, just pm me.
thanks

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 10 Aug 2010 11:01

Big thankyou to everyone who responded.
I've now located the family concerned and it wasn't Pineapple but January !?!?!
Don't ask :-)

MB