Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Renewing on Ancestry?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Smiley

Smiley Report 9 Aug 2010 20:04

Hi, my Ancestry sub ran out in May and I was not in a position to renew, does anyone know of any discounts or maybe I should try FMP?
Any thoughts appreciated
Thank you
Sam

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 9 Aug 2010 20:11

Find my past has just given me a 20% discount for continuing to subscribe to their site. You could phone Ancestry and negotiate with this knowledge. They do not know whether or not you subscribe to findmypast and see what they say.

Jonesey has a thread saying this is what he did.

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 10 Aug 2010 09:26

Hi Smiley,

Check out Joneseys thread on this.

Chris

Eddieisagrandad

Eddieisagrandad Report 10 Aug 2010 10:45

google "discount vouchers for ancestry" and see what is on offer.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Aug 2010 10:51

If you subscribe through the cash back site Quidco you can get 25% cash back from the subscription price before VAT.

Kath. x

Smiley

Smiley Report 10 Aug 2010 17:39

Thank you so much for your replies.
Eddie I did Google that very phrase before posting here, but came up with nothing.
Looks like a phone call is in order and "if you don't ask, you don't get" ;)