Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deaths in USA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yuli

Yuli Report 11 Aug 2010 19:04

Can anyone tell me how to go about finding a date of death for someone in the US. They appeared on the 1930 Census and then nothing more. Have looked everywhere on line with no luck.
Cheers

mgnv

mgnv Report 11 Aug 2010 21:49

Have you tried the US SS death index:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=ssdi/search_ssdi.asp&clear_form=true

Apart from that you'ld have to know which state rego'ed the death, and see what that state's access policy is - try cyndislist for this (under vital records).

Yuli

Yuli Report 12 Aug 2010 14:05

Thanks for that. Familysearch don't list recent records and I know that they were both alive and kicking during the 1930s.

Will try Cyndislist.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 12 Aug 2010 14:26

You could try asking Lorraine who offers look ups USA/Canada on the Records Office board
I will nudge her thread up

mgnv

mgnv Report 12 Aug 2010 17:32

Why not try the URL before making inaccurate statements abt what familysearch has or doesn't have?

Thelma

Thelma Report 13 Aug 2010 10:37

The index is up to date.

Social Security Death Index
You searched for Person died in 2010 Refine your search

All Birth, Marriage & Death Results Viewing 1-15 of 15

View Record Name Birth Date Death Date Last Residence
(City,County,State)
View Record
Lloyde Joseph Bosserman 30 Nov 1922 30 Jul 2010 Lewiston, Nez Perce, Idaho
View Record
Lois Calkins 26 Apr 1928 30 Jul 2010
View Record
Kelly C. Collins 30 Aug 1977 30 Jul 2010

Yuli

Yuli Report 14 Aug 2010 21:30

I apologise mvng I was not reading it right. I did try your url specifically, I also tried a general search of familysearch, I also tried the Pilot site and also their beta site which all have different records. All to no avail.

I have left a message on the rootsweb CA-DEATH-INDEX in the hopes that someone can get back to me.

I will also try and find Lorraine.

Sorry if I upset anyone.