Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 census information please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 11 Aug 2010 22:23

Hi
I have been using the 1911 census to research some of the more recent family and frustratingly it has turned up even more questions than answered! So far I have bought credits and only used them to view the basic transcript (10 credits). Does viewing the actual transcript for 30 credits give you alot more information?

Thanks

Vicki

SimonSez

SimonSez Report 11 Aug 2010 22:30

Hi Vicki

Viewing the actual census return gives only a little more info such as how long the head couple have been married and how many children they have had and lost during their marriage.
What information are you expecting to find on the census ?

Simon

Victoria

Victoria Report 11 Aug 2010 22:39

Actually knowing how many children they have had / lost might help, so it might be worth my while viewing this.

As for the other information I am looking for, I really don;t know, I am the stage in my research where there is no-one alive to ask but it is too recent for there to be aot of available information, and I guess I am just hoping something, somewhere might give me another avenue to explore to try and unravel the mystery that seems to be surrounding my dad's family.

SimonSez

SimonSez Report 11 Aug 2010 22:49

Vicky
If you get so stuck with research, It may be worth your while posting some details (if not too private) on here and let some of the experts on this site try and help.

Simon

Victoria

Victoria Report 11 Aug 2010 23:07

Thanks Simon, I did podt under the records office (Electoral role, Hunslet, West Yorkshire), and Trying to Find (tracing a family 1910 towards present day) but I think I am pretty much where I am. There appears to be some mystery which no-one is willing to talk about or never was talked about so my dad's generation are all drawing a blank on family stories from their father. very frustrating!

Maureen

Maureen Report 11 Aug 2010 23:20

Victoria
I have sent you a private message on your email
maureen