Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

computer help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 11 Aug 2010 23:09

i was looking at my emails when suddenly up popped 'congratulations you have sucessfully downloaded incredimail', to my knowledge i had not downloaded anything!!
But sure enough there it was, i went to add/remove and uninstalled it.
Before, when starting my computer i clicked on Internet Explorer the page connected was Y a h o o - which is what i use for my emails, but it is now connecting to Mystart by Incredimail,can somebody please tell me how i can get back to what i had before please. I have tried system restore 3 times but it hasnt worked. I am using Vista.
Many Thanks
Maureen

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 11 Aug 2010 23:23

Try tapping F8 for safe mode then do a system restore

mgnv

mgnv Report 12 Aug 2010 02:02

You're safest doing a system restore, but to just alter a home page on IE, hit the Alt key to get the hidden menu, then:
Tools - Internet Options - General - Home page
and type in the URL you want.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 12 Aug 2010 07:29

System Restore won't solve the problem as it is a data setting in your browser that need changing. In fact System Restore is not the cure-all that many suppose - it should only be used as a last resort.

Mick in the Sticks

Mick in the Sticks Report 12 Aug 2010 08:43

A Google search revealed the lin k below which explains how to remove this piece of software.

Michael

http://www.articlesbase.com/security-articles/incredimail-xehow-to-remove-incredimail-xe-instantly-1963222.html

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 12 Aug 2010 12:05

This article gives the impression that Incredimail is a virus, which it isn't

IncrediMail is an e-mail program that works by adding thousands of e-mail backgrounds, Emoticons, Ecards, Sounds, Animations, and 3D effects to your e-mails. You also get fun animated characters to notify you of incoming e-mail. IncrediMail is compatible with leading email services including Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, and AOL, and supports POP mail protocols as well as HTML mail formatting. Importing your active e-mail accounts and messages with IncrediMail is quick and simple. The program includes advanced message filtering, automatic spellchecker, and font style preferences.

Here is another "remove" option

http://help.incredimail.com/english/help/im/uninstall_incredimail.html

Maureen

Maureen Report 11 Sep 2010 14:51

Really sorry everyone - i wasnt ignoring you all. My problems turned into huge ones and comp was in shop for over 3 weeks.
Still not sure what happened but seems ok again now.
Thaks for all your advice
Mauren