Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reading of Marriage Certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Report 13 Aug 2010 16:05

Hi

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me read a marriage certificate that I have received a copy of.

The main reason I sent for a copy was so I could read the maiden name, however, I have been unable to decipher the script and it is also a bit faded in places have been unsuccesful,

I have a copy of the image if there is anyway anyone could possibly help me.

Thanks
Anne-Marie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Aug 2010 17:25

hae sent you my email address

Ann X

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Report 13 Aug 2010 21:29

Hi

Just wanted to let you know.
hi

Success, I have actually found it!!!

Her name was Holbrook.

I knew I had found a site somewhere where you could cross ref on the page of the index but some of my friends who are also doing family research hadn't come accross it.

Anyway, I was looking at an old post on Genes reunited and they mentioned freebmd.org and I remembered thats where it was. I clicked on page 29 and there was the list of names and there was a Mary Ann there was well with a surname of Holbrook.

Many thanks to those who offered to help.

Anne-Marie