Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 15 Aug 2010 20:08

Help needed please,how do I find out who, out of four possibly candidates my relation married? Marriage took place 1849 Abergavenny Monmouthshire- Jane Finigan married George Hardy,James James,Joseph King or William White.

Hilary

Hilary Report 15 Aug 2010 20:12

I assume Jane is your ancestor, to get back to her you must have worked backwards. Who were her children, a birth certificate of one of her children would give you the father.
Hilary

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 15 Aug 2010 20:20

Look for Jane in the 1851 census. She should appear under one of the surnames mentioned.

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 15 Aug 2010 20:24

Possible, reg'n district Abergavenny:
1851: James James Jane abt 1822 Llanbadarin, Cardiganshire, Wales Head Bedwellty, Monmouthshire

Jane born Llanfihangel, Cardiganshire - she's not born in county in 1841.

Ann

Ann Report 15 Aug 2010 20:31

Hi Hilary, Jane is my ancestor the only info I have is her birth 1825 and 1841 census with her parents,she is the sister of my gt gt grandfather.

Ann

Ann Report 15 Aug 2010 20:36

Hi PigletsPal, have tried the 1851 census, will keep looking. Thanks

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 Aug 2010 20:37

If she is the sister of your gg grandfather then how can she be your ancestor?

If you can.t find who she married from later censuses then send for her marriage certificate.

Ann

Ann Report 15 Aug 2010 20:38

Thank you Ozibird I will have a look at that one

Ann

Ann Report 15 Aug 2010 20:49

picky

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 15 Aug 2010 21:38

you say Abergavenny district. Do you know exactly where please. There is a useful site for that area. Perhaps in the same place as your gg grandfather married?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~monfamilies

Flick

Flick Report 15 Aug 2010 22:10

Not 'picky'............accurate

An ancestor is a parent or (recursively) the parent of an ancestor (i.e., a grandparent, great-grandparent, great-great-grandparent, and so forth).

Ann

Ann Report 15 Aug 2010 23:23

Thanks for that!