Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 16 Aug 2010 00:43

How do i find Thomas Eke Born 1909c....a Corporal & acting Sargent in the Army. Served in India ? dates, locations, army records, can i get copies of entries and records
Thanks in advance
Angela

Barbara

Barbara Report 16 Aug 2010 10:42

If after WW2 than information on obtaining copies of records can be found at:

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/army.html

Nichola

Nichola Report 16 Aug 2010 15:51

I need the same information for my grandfather who died in 1933 and served in India. Obviously pre WW2. Hope someone can help us.
Nicky

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 16 Aug 2010 16:14

The link given by Barbara appplies to those discharged after 1920.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Aug 2010 14:48

There are several people with this name and date in their tree. Just put his name into the search box above and contact the tree owners....they may have information on him. Cx.

Angela

Angela Report 18 Aug 2010 14:49

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/CorporatePublications/PersonnelPublications/ServiceRecords/

I have now applied to above site for records as i have my Dad's death certificate and his wife (My Mum) is still living so can apply for it for free.

Others can apply at charge of £30.00...so might be useful to you Nicky