Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death Records Ommissions

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 18 Aug 2010 13:07

Was just wondering if all uk deaths have to be entered onto the registers.

Whilst doing a general search on google on the name I was looking for I found a newpaper article relating to the death of someone with the same name, but the entry for that person is not on the register?

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 18 Aug 2010 13:20

Registration was not compulsory until 1865-ish - even for deaths. (No don't ask I don't understand how they managed either!)

Jill

Mark

Mark Report 18 Aug 2010 13:25

Thanks Jill,

The death I was looking for was from 1994

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Aug 2010 13:27

One that late will not be on FreeBMD but you would need to check on Ancestry or Findmypast

tempest

tempest Report 18 Aug 2010 13:29

Hi

If you put their name, where they lived, date of birth, where they were born etc

we can have a look

Mark

Mark Report 18 Aug 2010 13:32

Thanks, Susan Milner, married name Susan Warford, born 1st December 1950, birth registered in Don Valley

Mark

Mark Report 18 Aug 2010 13:41

Ther person in the newspaper article died in London, and the chances of it being the sam person are slim. Just when I looked on the death index to check the persons date of birth, the death wasn't registered on there

tempest

tempest Report 18 Aug 2010 13:44

http://www.genesreunited.com/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1221126&px=0

mgnv

mgnv Report 19 Aug 2010 02:12

I don't know abt the UK, but the d.index for England only goes up to 2006.