Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to I change my name on posts?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 18 Aug 2010 19:10

Previously on GR I was "Karen in Scotland" I was able to do that by putting 'in Scotland' as my current surname. I haven't been around for quite a while and notice that I am now just "Karen" - Please can someone tell me how to make me "Karen in Scotland" again, obvioulsy the previous way doesnt' work.

Also if I change my name will it change on all my previous posts - I don't want it to look like a different person??

Thanks.

Karen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Aug 2010 19:21

Click on COMMUNITY and then BOARDS SUMMARY

Scroll down = Community Settings - and you can change board name there but does not always change to what you want

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 18 Aug 2010 19:28

Thank you! I've found the right bit now just trying to find a name it will accept :)

Karen

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 18 Aug 2010 20:16

I see you've noticed they don't allow spaces anymore, that's why I have no space between first and last names. I used to until I decided to change my board name then decided to go back to my full name and they wouldn't allow the space.

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 18 Aug 2010 20:19

Yes no spaces is a pain, I thought I was mis-remembering that I had them before until I read your post - thanks!

Karen

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Aug 2010 10:18

Re name previous postings:

No, it won't change your name on previous posts, unless you go back and edit the post, in which case it will be updated with whatever your name is set to at the time you save the edit.

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 19 Aug 2010 12:02

Thank you, I guess I'll just look like two people for a while - K

Joy

Joy Report 19 Aug 2010 12:03

Karen - thus the reason for me having AKA etc in my board name :-)