Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Record

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 18 Aug 2010 23:52

Hi,

Is it possible for someone born in February not to appear in the birth records until Apr/May/Jun records.

I was looking for my great grandfather (whom even his daughter did not know). I beleive I have found the death record, which shows the birth date but the only birth record for the same name in the same year in in the wrong quarter.

Julie

Julie Report 18 Aug 2010 23:54

I am trying to find Tom Williamson born 17 Feb 1916 died June 1996 in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Death record shows DOB 17/02/1916
Birth record is in Apr/May/Jun 1916.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Aug 2010 23:57

You have six weeks to register a birth so it's quite possible that the birth could have been registered at the beginning of April.

Kath. x

Julie

Julie Report 18 Aug 2010 23:59

Ok great, I thought it was a smaller window than that. Thank you for your help.

jax

jax Report 19 Aug 2010 00:44

My grandfather was born end of Feb 1897 his registration says June.. ...April and May not mentioned. I did worry when I ordered the cert that it was'nt going to be him.

jax

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Aug 2010 06:21

my dad was born 29th dec 1907.his mum registered him at the end of Jan so his birth is in the Mar qtr 1908.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Aug 2010 10:15

Jax

When a birth registration says June it means the June quarter of the year - which includes April, May and June registrations.

Kath. x