Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancestry14 day free trial

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 19 Aug 2010 15:57

Does any body know that if you sign for the 14 day free ancestry site it allows you to view the wills and probate or do you have to be a full member
Regards Brenda

masami

masami Report 19 Aug 2010 16:19

Hi Brenda,

You have nothing to lose by trying it. I would imagine it would give you acces but if not you are still in the position to cancel within the 14 days.
There are always people on here who do a look up for you.

Maureen

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Aug 2010 16:21

Are you looking for someone in particular Brenda? If you want to post details I'll have a look for you.

I think the free trial might only be Essentials subscription which doesn't give access to probate records (but I could be wrong).

Kath. x

Brenda

Brenda Report 19 Aug 2010 17:34

Hi Masami and Kathleen
Thanks for replying I was searching the will section and I noticed three people that could be related to my husband gg grandparents Ralph Laws died 1913, Sarah Laws died 1912 Newcastle also their son Robert Stephenson Laws who looks like he died 1925 Newcastle
I am a bit more curious about Robert because on the 1911 census he was unemployed and his address was in the work house Newcastle
any information would be most grateful
Kind Regards Brenda

masami

masami Report 19 Aug 2010 17:44

Hi brenda,

pm me your email and I will send Roberts copy to you, or if you prefer I can copy type the info onto here.

Maureen

masami

masami Report 19 Aug 2010 18:11

Transcript reads:-

Laws Robert Stephenson of Lough Bridge Westerhope Northumberland died 30 June 1925 Administration Durham 29 to Fred Laws colliery companies cashier.
Effects £630

Brenda

Brenda Report 19 Aug 2010 18:12

Hi Maureen
I have pm you
Regards Brenda

masami

masami Report 19 Aug 2010 18:17

transcript for Ralph Laws:

Laws Ralph of 28 Leazes Park-road Newcstle-upon-Tyne provision dealer died 7 July 1913 Probate Newcastle-upon-Tyne 25 July to George Stephenson Laws managing director and Philip Edward Mather solicitors.
Effects £1450 11s 3d. Resworn£1345 11s 3d.

Brenda

Brenda Report 19 Aug 2010 18:48

Hi Maureen
I cant thank you enough
thank you for the three image's and you never guess what on the top of the page you sent me for Robert Stephenson laws is his brother George Stephenson laws the address for Ralph is the same one he was at 1911 census also George was also still at the same address as 1911
and of course Sarah all the right people
I might sign up for the free 14 days and see what happens
Kind Regards Brenda
ps this is a brilliant site every one has been so help full

masami

masami Report 19 Aug 2010 18:57

your welcome. glad to of helped.
Nice to hear you got more than you bargained for. lol

Maureen.

PriscillaEmilywasMoonbeam

PriscillaEmilywasMoonbeam Report 19 Aug 2010 21:05

Hi Brenda

You should be able to see the Wills and Probate if you sign up on Ancestry for 14 days free trial. You would have to select Premium sub. and give them your credit card details. You just have to cancel before the 14 days is up so they don't charge you for a sub. Make sure you cancel a few days before - I think you will still get access for the fourteen days. I started with the free sub a couple of years ago. It is amazing what you can find in 14 days.

Marie.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 19 Aug 2010 23:20

helen you should have started your own thread

Name: Lowinger Wilkinson
Probate Date: 12 Dec 1933
Death Date: 23 Sep 1933
Death Place: Devon, England
Registry: London

of warbro' way churston
died 23 sept 33 Longniddy e lothian

Elizabeth Fairlie Wilkinson spinster and Thomas bernard Heslop solicitor
£102

Brenda

Brenda Report 20 Aug 2010 09:33

Hi Marie
Thanks for that information, I think I will sign up next week as my other half is away for a week so I can search with out any distraction
Kind Regards Brenda