Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death or name of Ship

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joysie4

joysie4 Report 21 Aug 2010 11:03

Edmund McDowell b 1879 stoke damerel died 1925 he was in the navy living in portsmouth with his brother alfred ernest when he was 21

I would like to know were he died and what ship he was serving on if possible please

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 21 Aug 2010 11:10

Joyce...There is a death reg Portsmouth for a Edmund P McDowell aged 46 Dec.1925...

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Aug 2010 11:11

Thats not info that can be found online .You would need his death cert for any info it can give.
Name: Edmund P Mcdowell
Death Registration Month/Year: 1925
Age at death (estimated): 46
Registration district: Portsmouth
Inferred County: Hampshire
Volume: 2b
Page: 689

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 21 Aug 2010 11:21

Joyce...I have checked for RN Casualties (1918-1939) there is no Edmund listed so I guess he died other than at Sea.His death cert would clarify these details.

joysie4

joysie4 Report 21 Aug 2010 12:46

Thank you for the quick reply Erin and Shirley

Joyce