Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

photographs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

njlw

njlw Report 21 Aug 2010 14:45

how do i transfer photo's from one part of my computer to genes re- to my tree

Netty

Netty Report 21 Aug 2010 14:56

Hi Norman, info found by clicking on "Help" above, then FAQs, then, to the left, click on "My Family Tree". Hope it helps.

How do I add a PHOTO to my tree?

You can add a photo from details of any of your relations. From the Family Tree page - select the relation, then click on 'add photo' to the right of the relation's details.

You can add unlimited photos to any relation including yourself.

You will be shown a button that says 'Browse' if you click on this you will see a view of your computer's drives. Locate the image from where you have saved it on your computer then click on the 'Open' button.

You're now ready to start uploading the image. Click on the 'Upload' link ONCE to start the process, it may take a little while to be transferred to our server.

Once it is has uploaded you can then add any notes that you wish to. If you click on the word 'gallery' you can also choose from a selection of frame for your photo. You can also choose which photo (if you have added more than one), that you'd like to be the default photo for that relation.