Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry upgrades

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Harry

Harry Report 24 Aug 2010 17:37

Been a member of ancestry for a few years. Noticed people were coming up with information i couldn't find so I up-graded.

Now they tell me there is a platinum account. If i upgrade to that will I get notice of any other upgrade - say perhaps, a phone line directly to the dead?.

Grumble over. Happy days

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 24 Aug 2010 21:04

You can spend a fortune on access to resources. Most people would have a basic or second-level subscription to Ancestry and perhaps to something else like Find My Past. Some of us on here have access to all these sites, or a selection. So don't upgrade unless you think you will make the most of it. We will help you out.

Me, I am Mrs Money Bags and Mad to whit, so I have a sub to almost everything.

I've never yet had a phone call or a text message from the dead.

Maybe it's cos my mobile is always off.

Harry

Harry Report 24 Aug 2010 21:49

Thank you for your interest and entering into the "spirit" of the thing. Mobile and dead just don't go together.

Happy days

Joy

Joy Report 24 Aug 2010 22:09

Hello, Harry :-)

I sent a message to ancestry asking which upgrade I would need for probate records and was told premium or worldwide.

Slukieo

Slukieo Report 24 Aug 2010 23:26

Would ancestry let you upgrade for a month? A day would do me but Im sure they wouldn't let you. Shame it's all about money these days.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 24 Aug 2010 23:38

tuts Harry, did you not want the luxury leather bound version of your tree and the direct line to God too !

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 25 Aug 2010 00:09

I've got worldwide. Just ask what you want looking up. It's no problem.

Slukieo

Slukieo Report 25 Aug 2010 09:19

Hi Madmeg
It's so kind of you to help, I was hoping to look up in the probate records for the name Kolbe, if you could for me I will be so grateful.
Sue

Andrew

Andrew Report 25 Aug 2010 09:45

Only 4 Kolbe in probate records. What was the first name?

Andy

Flick

Flick Report 25 Aug 2010 10:09

"Platinum" on Ancestry?

Since when?

Harry

Harry Report 25 Aug 2010 10:49

Thanks for all the replies. and kind offers. Don't know the fine details but platinum is something about family tree maker.
Lindsey. I do have a private line to God already. She sits next to me at the breakfast table.

Happy days

Slukieo

Slukieo Report 25 Aug 2010 11:48

Hi Madmeg
Could you tell me the 4 you have,as I have many in my family to name and there was not many Kolbes around that time
Many thanks

Andrew

Andrew Report 25 Aug 2010 12:50

Sarah Ann Degen Kolbe 1921

Charlotte Kolbe 1868

Mary Ann Kolbe 1878

Ottilie Wilhelmina Eliza Kolbe 1903

Andy

RobG

RobG Report 25 Aug 2010 12:57

According to Ancestry's own page comparing accounts, they have three levels - Essentials, Premium and Worldwide.
In reverse order, Worldwide is everything, Premium excludes non-UK stuff (assuming you are joining the .co.uk version of course), whereas Essentials also excludes Parish Records and Probate, as well as Irish collections.
Hope that clarifies.
None of them mention a hotline to the dead. Perhaps you need to be telepathic to know about that. Maybe it's called "Medium Membership" ;-)

Slukieo

Slukieo Report 25 Aug 2010 13:16

Thank you sooo much, most helpful,again many thanks
Sue