Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 27 Aug 2010 17:13

I am doing some research for an elderly French lady who`s great family came from England in the late 1800s. Unfortunately, she does not speak English and I have had her letter translated by a friend. She gives the birth place of one of these relatives as....North District of St. Mary, in the county of Middlesex.

Can someone tell me where this district would be ...I am assuming it is in the London area.!!!!!#

I must go off line for an hour, but will beback later this evening.

Many thanks.

Kathlyn

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 27 Aug 2010 18:28

Hi Somerset Girl,

This is the info that the French lady gave me and as she has no English, I have no French ...I am working in a bit of a pea soup.

This is what the translation says....

Albert Ward, born 28th October 1869, John SAtreet, North District of St. Mary, in the county of Middlesex. Father Albert. mothert Priscilla

Priscilla was born near Burnham on Crouch in Essex about 1837 and I have found her in the 1841andf 1851 census.

Any help will be very much appreciated. to find her son Albert. It seems that Priscilla arrived in France shortly after the birth of her son, but without her husband.

Kathlyn

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Aug 2010 18:34

Is this his birth:-

Name: Albert Ward
Year of Registration: 1869
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Whitechapel
County: London, Middlesex
Volume: 1c
Page: 369

There is a St. Mary's in Whitechapel.