Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Uploaded gedcom, and now cannot access tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 2 Sep 2010 21:32

Hi there,

Wondered if anyone could help me? I uploaded a gedcom file earlier on today, and ever since, I have been unable to view trees, either mine, or those to which I have access.

This website has always run incredibly slowly via my dongle connection, but now I keep getting a page which says 'Site Error' and Your request can not be processed at the moment.

Please try again later

Check the FAQ section Return to the home page

If I click the links for FAQ or Home, I get the same page again.

Please help!! :)

Thanks

Mark

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Sep 2010 07:23

It does sound as though your internet connection is a bit slow. These messages are typical of the site timing out because it is unable to maintain contact with your PC

Try clearing out your browser temp files, shut down your PC completely, leave for a few minutes then re-start. Might do the trick.

Eddieisagrandad

Eddieisagrandad Report 3 Sep 2010 09:16

You won't be able to access your tree until GR have processed your new gedcom file. This is usually done within 24 hours or so.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Sep 2010 09:29

Last few times I have uploaded a gedcom it was completed in minutes. GR send you an em to say it is done.

However, uploading a gedcom shouldn't affect your ability to view other trees which makes me think there is something else going on here.

Mark

Mark Report 3 Sep 2010 23:51

Many thanks for your replies. This morning, I could not log in at all as my user name and password were no longer recognised, even though the password reminder sent me my details. I e-mailed support and, to my surprise, the problem was fixed promptly - I understand it was a technical issue at their end.

So - problem solved, but thanks for taking the time to respond here!

Best regards,

Mark

Joy

Joy Report 4 Sep 2010 14:57

There have been quite a few technical issues lately, so I was advised, and that the technical department had a lot to sort out.