Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vanishing Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 10 Sep 2010 21:57

I have only been a member a fortnight so i might be making some silly mistake but all the records that i have attached to my relatives no longer appear in the gallery tab. As i have paid for a platinum account i understand that i should be able to view these at any time. Could any one tell me if i am doing some thing wrong or weather there is a problem with the site.
Regards Linda

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Sep 2010 22:29

Have you tried contacting GR? (Drop-down menu under "help" above).
Most people who help out have basic membership and subscribe to Ancestry and/or FMP so might not be familiar with how it works on here. (Might be worth considering doing the same when your membership comes up for renewal!).
jan

Linda

Linda Report 11 Sep 2010 08:30

Thanks Jan for your reply. I have sent a message to GR but will have to wait for them to reply. I am going to look at the other sites as well as i am disapointed to be having problems like this already. If you have experience of them could you tell me which you like best & why.
Regards Linda

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Sep 2010 10:06

Regarding the sites to use, for most people it's between Ancestry and Findmypast (FMP), though there is a site called The Genealogist too. Ancestry and FMP have 2-week free trials so might be worth exploring that. A lot depends on what you want really. Personally I have basic memberships on here (for support & advice) and Ancestry, but if I want the occasional extra bit of info. I ask for help. My Ancestry membership doesn't allow me to access London parish records for instance, and other members have kindly looked at these for me from time-to-time.
I'd do a bit of research into what the sites have to offer and go from there.
All the best
Jan

James

James Report 11 Sep 2010 15:55

Linda,
I have a similar problem to you. Although my record "images" stay in the Gallery, when clicking on them to view them again, the image never loads! I emailed GR about this and they replied on 31 August that the problem had been referred to their Technical Team. Since then - nothing!

I chose GR because their prices seemed more reasonable, but other sites seem to have better search facilities and access to more records. I suppose in the end we get what we pay for!!

I will let you know if I ever get any further response from GR.

Jim