Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Viewing 1911 cenus again once saved to your tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Celia

Celia Report 12 Sep 2010 14:51

I have saved a few 1911 household records to my tree but when I have gone back and clicked on them to have another look, I have been asked if i wish to view said record I clicked yes and then I was expected to pay again. Have i missed something? I thought once you paid to view said record that was it and saving it was so you could view it again as many times as you need to. Please help. Celia

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 12 Sep 2010 15:04

Contact GR and ask them about it.

If you view anymore records the best thing is to copy and save them to your computer.

Findmypast or 1911 census online are better for the 1911 as you can get the actual household image not just the transcription.

In my opinion Ancestry and Findmypast are much better for census details.

Christine

Celia

Celia Report 12 Sep 2010 15:19

Thanks Christine I will do that. I too find Ancestry a lot more helpful with census once saved thats it. i did try to save the genes records to my computer but they came out as blank pages so i am proberly doing something wrong or it could just be this site I don't seem to have much trouble with others.
Celia

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 12 Sep 2010 17:37

Hi Celia,

You have to copy and paste the transcriptions for the 1911 into a word document or other place and then save that.

Personally I find the GR transcriptions very hard to follow.

Christine

Celia

Celia Report 12 Sep 2010 19:18

Thanks again Christine
I will get my 9yr old daughter to show me how , she is much better on this computer lark than me. I am still in old money ha ha.
Celia

Celia

Celia Report 23 Sep 2010 22:44

I have now solved the mystery.
Genes say If you are a Gold or Platingham subscriber you have unlimited access to cenus attached to your tree but if you paid credits to view, then the access is about 7 days after this you have to purchase credits to view again.
Wished I had known this before at least I would have made sure I saved a copy. Well you live and learn as they say.