Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family tree - presentation?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 23 Sep 2010 01:55

Hi all,

Hope that this is okay to put here on this board.

I'm wondering if anyone could offer me any suggestions.

This Christmas I am printing out and binding everything I have done on my mum's side of the family into hard bound books for her present. Each book will be on seperate family names so as you can imagine there is a few of them.

My mum is getting on a bit in years and gets a bit confused with all of the generations, and how they fit in and relate to her.

I am wondering if anyone could suggest a way to get a nice family chart printed off?

I am not sure if it would be best to get one done by a Calligrapher or try to do one myself on a program...or if I should just do mini trees for every family? Has anyone done this before?

Any ideas most gratefully accepted!!! I really want to make it a special present as she is so happy anytime that I find something new out.

Thanks

Rach

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Sep 2010 07:33

Why not have your whole tree printed out so that you can see where everyone fits into place. Obviously you can't do this in one piece on a home printer because of the size but you can have it done professionally. You can do just one branch of your tree if you wish or all of it. Ron will help sort out whatever you want.

Have a look here:-

www.genealogyprinters.com

Ron, the owner of the company is a member of GenesReunited and has done some great trees for members on here. They also did the trees for the first series of "Who Do You Think You Are?" on TV.

Kath. x

LakesLass

LakesLass Report 23 Sep 2010 13:38

What a lovely thought Rach.

My Mum is 90 at the beginning of December and I have been working on a book via ancestry for her. I did one for my nieces 21st and my sisters 50th. Didn't get it printed professionally just did everything I wanted on the site and printed off the A4 sheets. Then found a suitable photo album to put it all in which made it very personal. There was a mix of family history, family memories and photos. I had great fun doing them but hard work.

Kath - I think I'll check out that web site too. Sounds interesting.

R.
Janet

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 23 Sep 2010 23:53

Thank you so much!

I've just had a look at the site and it looks great! I have quite a few people in the tree so I thought it would be too hard but it seems not!

Thanks Janet, my mum is the last one in her family except for one elderly aunt and I think it would mean a lot to her (I hope so anyway!)