Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Uk - Is Anyone else having problems?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 5 Oct 2010 19:54

Everytime I find a birth or marriage entry for the UK it won't let me access the full names, year or place. It takes me to the American site and I can't access the records?

Was just wondering if anyone else is having this difficulty?

Thanks, Lou

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 5 Oct 2010 20:17

Every other site I'm using is fine, so it must be Ancestry. It's a pain in the neck as it's the first time for a while I've had the time.

update; I can't access anything now. Just tried the census records with no luck their either.

Lou

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Oct 2010 20:31

Ancestry OK for me.
I just searched for and found an entry on 1861 census and viewed image.
Also did a seach of birth 1915 -2005....viewed image too no problem.

Gwyn

Foggy

Foggy Report 5 Oct 2010 20:33

No problems at all, everything working as it should.

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 6 Oct 2010 11:36

Hi DE

Yes I tried checking I was logged in and I was. Even rebooted with no luck. I could see the first part but when I wanted to go further it just sent me to the american site every time.

I shall try again later today and hopefully all will be well again.

thanks everyone.

Lou