Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

? Changes to birth records searches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lolo35

Lolo35 Report 11 Oct 2010 16:05

Can anyone tell me why when I search for someone with the new birth records search it won't let me view the records, it just takes me to the page telling me to upgrade to platinum membership, have they knocked out all the records for those of us who have gold membership or is it just my machine playing up?

Flick

Flick Report 11 Oct 2010 16:36

Most of us don't use GR for searching..........freebmd, Ancestry and findmypast are so much better.

What years are you looking for?

Julie

Julie Report 11 Oct 2010 16:48

Hi, I have the same and on the same membership package as you so I guess points to a system issue?

Thanks,

Jayne

Jayne Report 11 Oct 2010 18:51

I have gold membership and am also getting this problem, I need to look up various births and this is a really annoying. Jayne

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Oct 2010 18:53

Just supports the general view on here that it's better to subscribe elsewhere for records and just keep basic membership on here for advice & support.
Jan

welshbird201

welshbird201 Report 11 Oct 2010 19:56

Just to test it out I put my Grand parents in, and guess what, no match was found, unbelievable.

Perhaps thats what they mean by changes, you can't find any body.

Sian