Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 16 Oct 2010 21:27

I can't find this child on the 1911 census at all. I am hoping this will lead to the parents name. (i will need to order certs still to prove i know but at least it will be a start)

Hazel Kathleen L Hatch b. Jun 1910 - Kingston, Middlesex, Surrey

Marriage: Jul-Aug-Sep 1935 - Bromley, Kent -Hills

Death: Jul 1991 - Bromley, Kent, England
it says she was 80 and born 3rd may 1910 whilst writing this might be out abit as it states she was 80 but she would have been 81.
Thank you

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 16 Oct 2010 21:41

I should add this is possibly the only child born that will be on the 1911 census that i know off . This is because i just cannot get any further back at all.of course i do hope she is with her parents as i don't know who they are only that the mothers maiden name was Manning

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Oct 2010 21:49

How do you know the mothers maiden name?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Oct 2010 21:50

1911?

HATCH, George Richard Head Married
12 years M 38 1873 Plumber Bromley Kent VIEW
HATCH, Florence Wife Married F 33 1878 Kings Lynn Norfolk VIEW
, Florence Elizabeth Rose Daughter F 11 1900 Bromley Kent VIEW
HATCH, George Robert Aubrey Son M 9 1902 Beckenham Kent VIEW
, Marie Evelyn Doris Daughter F 3 1908 Bromley Kent VIEW
, Hazel Kathleen Lowis Daughter F 0 (11 MONTH) 1911 New Molden Surry VIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
RG14 Piece:
3633 Reference:
RG14PN3633 RG78PN137 RD42 SD1 ED4 SN157

Registration District:
Bromley Sub District:
Bromley Enumeration District:
4 Parish:
Bromley

Address:
7 Hilldrop Road Bromley

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Oct 2010 21:52

??

Marriages Mar 1899 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coe Florence Manning Bromley 2a 583
Hatch George Richard Bromley 2a 583
Holmes William James Bromley 2a 583
Tatham Aileen Bromley 2a 583

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Oct 2010 21:54

1911 census

Father George has filled out the form but did not include the surname against the christian names of the children which it why they are listed in a strange way

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 16 Oct 2010 21:58

wow Glitter baby thank you, just going through them now...

Mothers maiden name is on my gt grandads birth details. Douglas A V (Albert Victor) Hatch 1915 Q2 MMN Manning

he had a sister Violet b. Q1 1913 And Harold L Q4 1918

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 16 Oct 2010 22:20

I see what you mean Glitter Baby, no wonder it wouldn't come up on the name search. I have no idea how you managed to get it at all. Thank you again. They seemed to love their names didn't they ,lol.

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 16 Oct 2010 22:38

TinaElizabeth.
If you have trouble finding people in future just put first names using name variants option. I have found several mistakes using this method

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 16 Oct 2010 22:55

That is one of my bad points putting too much info in....I am doing it the 1901 Census now and still putting in two much. I have lost my touch since they change the layout a while back.xxx

Eileen

Eileen Report 17 Oct 2010 12:31

Hi,
If you are having trouble with the new Ancestry layout,go to all new records and select census from the list there. This gives a lot more scope,and might if yiu are lucky allow you revert to the old search!!(the option does not always come up). It is far better than the front page.
Eileen