Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how to look for married women

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 20 Oct 2010 16:03

does anyone no how to try and find someone who may have married and all you have is there maiden name and last known address which was in the 60s? please help getting desperate. The maiden name I have is O'Callaghan, Born in Dublin

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 20 Oct 2010 17:32

Hi, the name i am looking for is Hilda O'Callaghan DOB 24.01.1957
last known address is 68 clifden (clifton) Road Dublin
hope this helps. Many thanks

Paul

Paul Report 20 Oct 2010 18:10

Hi Jacqui
Go to the following free site and have a look for the birth record for Hilda born 1957
https://beta.familysearch.org/s/collection/show#uri=http://pilot.familysearch.org/records/trk:/fsrs/c1408347&hash=MPAfKvgWGXfZ5STyuqUCQxOVNk8%253D

her birth entry is on the site, i found it, it also lists her mothers maiden name!
have a go

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 20 Oct 2010 18:21

Hi Paul thanks for the info. but I have her birth certificate, I just need to know if you ever married and to whom? on the site you suggested the entry is only upto 1958, Hilda was born in 1957 so she wouldnt have married until the 70/80s, any other suggestions?

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 20 Oct 2010 18:32

Do you know if she stayed in Ireland? In E&W there are two possibles between 1975 and 1990, one in Yorkshire and one in Derby. Not sure how you can go about searching in Ireland or NI for such a recent timeframe though.

Kate x

Kay????

Kay???? Report 20 Oct 2010 18:43

have a play on this site.

www.groireland.ie

its Irelands General Register Office.

but is limted in year search.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 20 Oct 2010 18:50

there is a possibility that she moved to England after 1968? the last address is 68 cliftden road, and on the birth cert the district is 3 south city?