Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

searching before 1841/after 1911?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rosalie

rosalie Report 9 Nov 2010 14:16

can anyone tell me the best way to search relatives before 1841 and after 1911 censuses please?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Nov 2010 14:22

Search for exactly what please? you can find BMD,s on FreeBMD up to c1940,they are transcribing new ones all the time. Later info can be found on one of the paying sites like Ancestry or Find My past

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Nov 2010 15:31

pre 1841 you would need Parish records .you can try the IGI on Family Search site and their Pilot records.Post 1911 theres no general site that will list families. Local records Offices wil have Electoral Rolls but you need addresses to search and would only show 21.s and over, and men only till the womens vote came in.