Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

People still alive

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 28 Nov 2010 10:40

I am looking for someone born in 1943,so they will probably still be alive.
Am I allowed to ask for this information. I don't want to do the wrong thing but if he is still alive I know he will be able to help in my research. Thank you.
Dorothy

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 28 Nov 2010 10:51

Dorothy,

I don't think you are able to ask for any information on some one who might be alive,. Why not put the details of his parents or uncles and ask if anyone related to them to contact you.

If they have an unusual surname and you know roughly where they live you could try telephone books or 192.

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 28 Nov 2010 10:54

Hello Dorothy :)

Have you tried to search for them to in the trees on the site?

You could also ask a general question like you are doing now to see if anyone has any suggestions .

Also, there are people that may be able to look for him on the electoral roll (I may be wrong but I think Wayne Tracey has a thread) however, it may be best to send personal info via private message.

Good luck :))

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 28 Nov 2010 10:54

Thank you . I am glad I asked, I did not want to be insensitive. Thanks for the information. Dorothy

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 28 Nov 2010 11:00

There may be others that come along that can offer you more advice too :)

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 29 Nov 2010 09:42

Thanks to all who helped I think I may have found who I am looking for.