Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

new to this- pre1795-t01800

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 29 Nov 2010 09:22

i am trying to find information edward cawley born c1795 married to mary oliver [i believe] but ican't seem to find any information, where do i find info, as i wan't to trace back as far as i can-he woulld be my g.g.g.grandfather and i would like to find out where he was born,earliest census 1841 ? L J now in ireland,any info greatly appreciated

Kay????

Kay???? Report 29 Nov 2010 10:13

Possible--bapt?

Edward Cowley

1791-22nd May.
St Dunstans &All Saints Stepney

Parents--

Edward and Sarah Cowley.

making him abt--25/26 in 1817..

Linda

Linda Report 29 Nov 2010 10:44

colin that seems about right, the MARRIAGE, -they had a son Edward Cawley c1817 who married Elizabeth Newson who had a sonJohn Cawley married Maria Mann they were my g.grandparents-they all seem i to be in the lambeth/southwark area ,[ but Edward 1817 and Edward 1795] i don't know where they were born, i am amazed how people can go back to 1400's icant even get to 1817 what site etc is best place to find this info thank you all for your help so far ,linda

Linda

Linda Report 29 Nov 2010 11:02

ok colin thank you linda

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 Nov 2010 12:30

Looks like Edward was born just 2 months after marriage. These 2 children were christened same day. In both cases father was Edward a printer and address was Pleasant Place, Lambeth. Edward's birthdate was 7 April 1817 and Mary Caroline's was 16 Feb. 1819.

Name: Edward Cawley
Record Type: Baptism
Estimated Birth Date: abt 1819
Baptism Date: 12 Apr 1819
Father's name: Edward Cawley
Mother's name: Mary Cawley
Parish or Poor Law Union: Newington St Mary
Borough: Southwark

Name: Mary Caroline Cawley
Record Type: Baptism
Estimated Birth Date: abt 1819
Baptism Date: 12 Apr 1819
Father's name: Edward Cawley
Mother's name: Mary Cawley
Parish or Poor Law Union: Newington St Mary
Borough: Southwark

Linda

Linda Report 1 Dec 2010 11:05

thanks a million colin, and margret manson ,appreciate all your help, i am greatful for any help that i can get, kindest regards linda

Linda

Linda Report 1 Dec 2010 16:28

NO, NOT YET COLIN,i am skipping from one to another, i felt that the name cawley was irish,but i must be wrong as the family seem to all be london based,unless it was many years ago thatthey came over, thats why i was trying to go back as far as i can, i am stuck now and dont know where to turn,--although the name originated in the hebredies ibelieve oo whats the next step , thank you for your support regards linda