Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annabel

Annabel Report 4 Dec 2010 08:57

When I send a message to some one on my hot matches, how can I stop them from looking at my tree as it says Allow this member to view my family tree

cheers Annabel

Janet

Janet Report 4 Dec 2010 09:01

untick the box before you send your message

jan

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 4 Dec 2010 09:02

Untick the small box by the message which says allow to view my tree.

Christine

Annabel

Annabel Report 4 Dec 2010 09:04

No ticks

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 4 Dec 2010 09:08

The box should be just above the message allow to view my tree.

If you untick the box it does still say allow to view, probably a fault in the system.

If you've already sent a message and wish to stop the contact vewing your tree.

Go into "My contacts" find the persons name and click on stop.

Christine

Annabel

Annabel Report 4 Dec 2010 09:29

Thank you

I have not sent a message today but in the past have been able to un tick to not allow view my tree.

Annabel

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 4 Dec 2010 18:01

I have sent messages in the past and forgotten to untick that box - but as Christine says you can instantly correct this by using the "stop" in the my Contacts list

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 Dec 2010 12:22

It is unlikely to be a site problem, otherwise everyone would be affected, and clearly that isn't the case.

Try clearing your browser cache, close everything down and re-start. Also can I ask which browser and version No: you are using? It may be that you need to upgrade.

I use Firefox for most things and rarely have any problems, but just checked with IE8 and all seems ok on there too with the tick box under the box where you type your message.