Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Renewal

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 5 Dec 2010 05:33

My Ancestry subscription is due for renewal, are there any discounts available to people in Australia

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 5 Dec 2010 08:33

Be cheeky and give Ancestry a ring saying that you note that Find My Past offer their existing members a 20% "Loyalty" discount when they renew their membership. Ask what Ancestry is prepared to offer you.

I did that earlier in the year and I was offered 25% discount instantly.

Alternatively consider purchasing a copy of Family Tree Maker 2011 Platinum edition. Here in the UK that costs between £33 and £60 depending upon who you buy it from. It includes 6 months membership of Ancestry Premium which would cost you more than what you pay for what is a very good and useful program anyway.

Good luck.

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 5 Dec 2010 09:18

Thanks will give it a try do you have to phone UK or is there a number in Australia

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 5 Dec 2010 09:35

If you look at the bottom of your Ancestry home page it should list a phone number to call. Here in the UK it is a UK freephone number which then automatically connects you to Ancestry's main offices in Utah, USA.

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 5 Dec 2010 10:34

I'm in Australia too. I bought Ancestry at 50% off... when I rang and cancelled after the 12 months the lady (I thought I was talking to a robot and was surprised she was a real person) she asked me why I cancelled and I said it was too expensive... she didn't offer anything and just said is it OK we email you with our specials when they come up... I agreed. But nothing yet.

Essnell

Essnell Report 5 Dec 2010 11:43

I'm in Australia too. I have a free trial at present - I am not taking out a subscription - they have pay as you go so you only use what you need. --

It's much easier. i am doing that on a couple of sites.

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 5 Dec 2010 22:25

Thanks folks after getting a renewal email saying my sub would be $299.40 and then making a phone call to them they said I could have a 10% discount and the price would be over $400 don't call that much of a discount.

Gramps63

Gramps63 Report 6 Dec 2010 02:48

Can I ask what type of Ancestry membership as mine is due for renewal in the near future and I am also in Australia.

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 6 Dec 2010 02:51

World Deluxe

Gramps63

Gramps63 Report 6 Dec 2010 03:11

Thanks Vivienne - I have the Annual UK Heritage Plus Package so will be interesting to see what happens when due for renewal.

Winifred

Winifred Report 6 Dec 2010 15:19

Hi Jonesey,
Could you give me the info as to how I can buy the copy of a Family tree planner 2011 Platinum copy which includes the 6 months Ancestry Premium. Naturally I would like to aquire the cheaper price version if possible, but don't know how to!

Trevor

Trevor Report 6 Dec 2010 15:52

try this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Think-Family-Maker-Deluxe-Version/dp/B003EYVF8K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1291650557&sr=8-6

Susan

Susan Report 6 Dec 2010 17:15

Hi All,
The National Trust website are still offering a 25% discount off Ancestry subscriptions, may be worth a try.
Susan

jansmith

jansmith Report 6 Dec 2010 21:21

I did it on the national trust site and it didn't ask for my membership number

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 7 Dec 2010 02:56

Is that just for people in the uk

Winifred

Winifred Report 7 Dec 2010 09:42

thanks a lot for your help. I will try the links and see what I can get.

Winifred

Winifred Report 7 Dec 2010 10:59

I have gone for the £28.98 2011 Platinum copy but will have to wait for the delivery to see if I will get the 6 months Ancestry Premium offer as when I read the reviews it said that to receive it you had to enter your credit card details, even though it is free, so I presume the offer will be with the copy.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 7 Dec 2010 11:32

Winifred when you first load Family Tree Maker on to your computer you will see a message telling you to ring Ancestry ( A freephone number) to register with them for your 6 months Premium membership.

I cannot say for certain whether they will ask you for your credit card details but they probably will as they will obviously hope that in 6 months time you will wish to continue your membership with them and they will then be able to take a new full years subscription charge via your card. If you do not wish to extend your membership remember to ring them to cancel a few days before the end of your 6 months "Free" membership.

Winifred

Winifred Report 7 Dec 2010 13:43

thanks for that info. I would not have found out about it if I hadn't seen your thread.
Cheers