Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London Burial and Cremation Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keziah

Keziah Report 5 Dec 2010 12:58

Hi all

Deceasedonline.com have just added nearly 700000 records for London. Useful to me. Free searches.

K

K Report 5 Dec 2010 14:20

Many thanks

Kay

Janet

Janet Report 5 Dec 2010 18:54

thanks for this tip have found out where gt gt grandmother and father are now ! Islington

Renes

Renes Report 5 Dec 2010 19:24

Thanks Keziah

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 5 Dec 2010 22:24

www.deceasedonline.com/

Yes, always worth a look, as they keep adding. A pay to view site, they told me at the family history fair at Olympia last year that they were hoping to introduce a yearly subscription scheme, will have to ask again, lol.

Chris :)

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 7 Dec 2010 09:42

Thanks, brilliant. Found a couple of missing ancestors.

Ozi

Margaret in Sussex

Margaret in Sussex Report 8 Dec 2010 15:41

Thanks.... Had a look &found 4 rellies, so now know where they are buried & on what day.......Has Anyone purchased a copy please... What kind of info does it give? and when it says grave details & 12 other burials... Are these relations in 1 grave or does it mean a communal grave.... Thank you
Margaret

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 8 Dec 2010 16:06

Searching is FREE, and can be restricted as required to country, region, county, or individual burial authority or crematorium. If you register with Deceased Online here, you will be able to purchase credits online, which you can spend to access further information associated with any of the found records.

Depending on what has been provided by the originating authority, the further information might include:

burial and cremation register entries in computerised form*
digital scans of register pages*
scans of book of remembrance pages
grave details and other interments in a grave (key to making new family links)
pictures of graves and memorials
maps showing the exact locations of graves and memorials.

(above taken from Website)

That could be a communal one Margaret, you would need to get credits to view :-)
From Cambridge Cemetery, and Crematorium I got address, occupation, and grave number details, also with Cremations, details of ashes scattering.

Well worth a look.

Chris :)

Margaret in Sussex

Margaret in Sussex Report 8 Dec 2010 16:12

Thank you Chris.......... Will See how much money left in the kitty when finished with this xmas lark & then have a look.... I have these people well documented on the census but this would put them to bed, so to speak.
Margaret

Janet

Janet Report 8 Dec 2010 16:37

I have purchased some

One tells me address at time of death, age at time of death, date buried and by whom

The other (which is like the record you refer to gives date, name ,age address,day and hour of burial and what class of burial and the name and address of the firm of undertakers , which I thought was quite interesting

Gives you the cemetery grave reference (if you go on the cemetery website for Islington records you can see roughly where it is) and the names of the other people buried in same plot

Hope that is of help

jan

Keziah

Keziah Report 8 Dec 2010 16:51

I have bought scans previously for Tunbridge Wells Cemetery from this site and one scan was ' with 3 other burials'. They were all family members dating from 1940s to 1980s added to the original grave and listed together in the register. Noone in the family had remembered.
It gave the deceased details, ages & addresses but no details of the 'purchaser'. That was blanked out (data protection).

I have bought a couple of the London records this time from 19th century and got the burial register scan. Very similar to the Ancestry burial scans but of course not currently on Ancestry. It gave the name, age & address but no details of living relatives. The address was enough to tie everyone together and I was very chuffed.

And I've found more that tie in with the London Poor Law Records.
It's very satisfying to put the family together 100+ years on!

Well pleased.

Kezi

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 8 Dec 2010 23:44

oh wow, thanks for this, have found a whole heap of my London Ancestors on there.

Might have to purchase credits.

Most of mine only have the Burial register scan

and one has Grave details and 23 other burials, what type of information is likely to be included here.

Does that mean 23 other people are buried along with this ancestor??? i.e. most likely related??

thanks

Janet

Janet Report 9 Dec 2010 07:58

Not necessarily related no, mine aren't family members but of course yours could be

see second part of my post above as to what it shows

jan

Margaret in Sussex

Margaret in Sussex Report 9 Dec 2010 13:16

When you buy credits... How does it work please...... individual scan or a block to use. Site as far as I can tell doesn't make that clear. I only have one family who are likely to be in the same grave

Thank you

Janet

Janet Report 9 Dec 2010 15:50

30 credits £3.00
100 credits£9.75
200 Credits£19.00
500 credits £46.00
1000 Credits£87.50

most of records are 5 credits each

Keziah

Keziah Report 9 Dec 2010 17:23

Hi Margaret

My records 'cost' 15 credits so if you pay the minimum £3 you get 2 scans to view and save. And your credits last 6 months in your account.

Hope this helps
Kezi

Margaret in Sussex

Margaret in Sussex Report 11 Dec 2010 13:40

Thank you Keziah & Janet........ I have 3 generations(6 deaths) all 1 family so think will try a £3 first & see how we go.
Thanks again Margaret