Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Criminal Registers 1791 to 1892

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 8 Dec 2010 20:37

Please can someone do a look up for me on Ancestry - Criminal Registers 1791 - 1892? I don't have access to it.
In 1891 Census (APRIL 1891) there is a William Brogan age 34 born approx 1857, in Scotland, married, occupation Boot Rivetter, in Wandsworth Prison.
This is not to be confused with another William Brogan on trial in DECEMBER 1891.
If he is in prison, he should be on the Criminal Register, but I don't know how long before APRIL 1891 he was in Wandsworth Prison.
Apologies for jumping on someone else's posting previously.
Thanks
Jackie

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 8 Dec 2010 20:41

So not the one I posted on the other thread ?

Which is the only one I can find

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Dec 2010 20:43

On the Ancestry Criminal Registers there is only the William Brogan in the Dec. of 1891. Sorry.

I don't think the Criminal Registers are complete by any means.

Kath. x

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 8 Dec 2010 21:15

OK thanks you two for looking for me.
Jackie