Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

carter family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

neil

neil Report 12 Dec 2010 00:44

I was born Edward Carter in 1951, my mother could not keep me so I was adopted. My name now is Neil Adams. I am trying to trace any relations of the Carter family. They lived in the Chatham area in Kent. My mothers name was Gladys Carter, my father died before I was born his name was William Sydney. my mothers parents were Edward and Nellie Carter and they had 4 children called Alice Ethel, Hilda Annie, Henry William and my mum Gladys. If anyone knows the family please contact me. Neil Adams

jax

jax Report 12 Dec 2010 01:09

Have you tried putting any of the names plus date of births into the search trees above? then you can try and contact anyone who has them in their tree

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 12 Dec 2010 02:42

Neil, you have yourself in your tree under your adoptive name -- but not under your birth name.

Anyone in the Carter family who was searching for you would not know your present name, I assume.

You can put a second tree at this site with a free account -- with a free account, you can't send messages, but you can receive messages and reply to them. If you did that, you could put your birth parents and all of their family members that you know of in that tree.

If you know Nellie Carter's surname before marriage, some of us might be able to help find the births of Gladys's siblings and possibly their marriages, etc. That info would have to be sent by private message, as the people may still be living. Those of us with Ancestry access could identify the children's births to do further searching once we knew Nellie's surname.

And please do delete your thread on the Trying to Find board. The instructions when you start a thread are clear: do not duplicate requests, because that wastes the time of people who offer to help.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/trying_to_find/carter/thread/1251909