Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1949 Kelly's directory of Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 17 Dec 2010 23:05

Does anyone know how to access the 1949 Kelly's directory for Liverpool?
Or the 1949 Liverpool telephone directory?
I have a marriage in which both partners are listed as company directors, so I suspect they were business colleagues. I would love to find out what company they were working for.
Thanks to all.
Dave

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Dec 2010 01:40

There doesn't appear to be anything for Kelly's post 1913 on line.

You could try contacting the archives at Liverpool Library - they seem to have a search facility service, for which there is a fee.

Search for Liverpool Central Library - the web address looks too long to c&p

Research Service, Liverpool Libraries & Information Service, Unit 33, Wellington Employment Park South, Dunes Way, Sandhills Lane, Liverpool, L5 9ZS or email [email protected]

Ancestry have British Phone books up to 1984, so it may be possible for someone to find the relatives (or may be the fathers) on there.

Tudor

Tudor Report 18 Dec 2010 15:48

Liverpool Central Library and Records Office is in William Brown Street,

David

David Report 18 Dec 2010 18:46

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'll follow up on them.

Kate

Kate Report 18 Dec 2010 23:45

I think Sandhills Lane could be your best bet - I'm not sure how much they're holding at the moment but as far as I remember the Central Library is being refurbished between now and about 2012. From an item I copied up for a family history society, it looks like you might have to book appointments at Sandhills Lane - the last I heard, there was going to be a temporary city service operating from the World Museum on William Brown Street. (But that was as far as I knew in October.)