Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FTM 2011 Deluxe & FTM 2011 Platinum - which one

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyoftheForest

LadyoftheForest Report 18 Dec 2010 18:17

What's the difference between FTM 2011 Deluxe and FTM 2011 Platinum

Hi everyone

After Christmas I am going to buy the Family Tree Maker 2011. I notice they do a Deluxe version and a Platinum version and I was wondering what the difference is.

Many thanks for any help.

Sylvia

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 18 Dec 2010 19:08

The Deluxe comes with 3 months subscription to Ancestry and Platinum has 6 months.

At the moment it appears that the Platinum is cheaper than Deluxe on Amazon so much better value.

Christine

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Dec 2010 09:07

The FTM software program is exactly the same, which ever version you buy.

If you are not interested in an Ancestry subscription, just buy the upgrade version.

LadyoftheForest

LadyoftheForest Report 19 Dec 2010 14:01

Thanks Christine & InspectorGreenPen for your comments. I had it in mind to buy the Platinum version on Amazon as it has a better deal on Ancestry.

Sylvia