Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

old search on ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tricia

tricia Report 20 Dec 2010 15:11

Does anyone know if we can still look up using "old search" on ancestry, it used to be top right .

Regards Tricia

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Dec 2010 16:05

Ancestry used to keep switching me back to new search as I much prefer the old search. I used to have to click on something like 1901census and the old search would come back up on the top right.

Still currently on old search

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Dec 2010 16:06

Just switched mine to new search and when looking at the census the facility to go to old search does come back on top right

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Dec 2010 16:44

UK Census 'Old Style'

Save it in your Bookmarks / Favourites

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/group/ukicen/UK_Census_Collection.aspx

Don't forget though that Ancestry makes extensive use of cookies to save your preferences, so deleting them will cause you to go back to their defaults.

mgnv

mgnv Report 20 Dec 2010 20:45

The old/new switch appears at top right, just under the main menu bar.
It doesn't appear on every search screen, but if you do some rubbish search, it usually appears for you to click on. Quite what governs its appearing is a mystery to me.

tricia

tricia Report 22 Dec 2010 09:30

Thanks everyone

mgnv

mgnv Report 29 Dec 2010 01:07

Here's Ancestry's tips answer.

From the home page, select "Search" from the main menu bar, then "search All Records" from the drop down list.
The old style switch now appears just under the main menu bar at the far right.