Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Board Summary search has gone.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mick in the Sticks

Mick in the Sticks Report 20 Dec 2010 16:46

Does anyone know if the search box that used to be on the Board Summary has been moved elswhere or just removed?

I used to find this search box useful as once a week I could search all message boards at the same time for any surnames I am interested in.

My apologies if there has already been a thread on this subject, but the removal of the search box means I would now have to repeat the search on each individual board to find if there has already been a thread on this subject which is rather tedious.

Michael

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Dec 2010 16:50

Not sure, but isn't this what you get if you go to Advanced search on the left, under Tools?

Mick in the Sticks

Mick in the Sticks Report 20 Dec 2010 17:05

IGP

Many thanks, that is the search box I was looking for which has been moved. It's probably because it is not immediately visible like it was before that I could not find it.

Michael

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 21 Dec 2010 04:17

Yes it has gone, Mick, and unhappy I am about it!

I trust Advanced Search about as far as I can throw it, unless it's a lot more reliable than it used to be. Why did we have to lose the search box on the boards summary page??

The reason for wanting it is that one never knows whether someone posting their umptieth thread about the same thing posted the others on History, or Surname Info, or TTF ...