Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trouble with posting a thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MEgirl

MEgirl Report 22 Dec 2010 08:01

Can anyone help? I am trying to post a new thread on the Trying to Find board and keep getting the message in red "keywords can only contain alphanumeric characters (a-z), underscores (_) etc.

Every time I try to type something I get this message. I don't have any characters that would not be acceptable or not fit into this category. What is happening?

Regards, MEgirl

first new thread I have created since July, is anyone else experiencing this?

MEgirl

MEgirl Report 22 Dec 2010 08:22

Thanks Jonesey, will give it a go.

Regards.

Renes

Renes Report 22 Dec 2010 20:35

I tried cutting and pasting from one thread to another the other day and had same problem - time and time again

Eventually went thru and deleted everything that was not a letter and it worked

In my case the >>>>. Caused the problem although it was fine when originally posted - it would not let me c&p them

Renes