Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

maidwell family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gabbana

gabbana Report 24 Dec 2010 15:58

dear all
please can you help me to find out if i am a cousin of a greaham maidwll
i have ask him but like me we can not find out
any help will be greatful
thank you from anne

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 24 Dec 2010 17:02

Anne if you want any help you will have to give more information but be careful of what you post if it refers to living people.

To be first cousins 1 of your parents and 1 of his parents must be related as brother or sister

gabbana

gabbana Report 24 Dec 2010 17:28

thank you very much rutlandbelle
yes he is a live but he is not a first cousins so all i want to know are we second or third cousinsor more my name was annemaidwell date of birth 07/10/1954my dad was charlies george maidwell date od birth 26/04/1910 born in london grahame maidwell born 1944 i think he was born in newcastle from anne

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 24 Dec 2010 18:11

Anne what makes you think you are related apart from a common surname?

this is your father in 1911:
1911 census : 30 Crondall St Hoxton N

Parish: Shoreditch Enum. District: 16

Address: 30 Crondall St Hoxton N
County: London

MAIDWELL, Robert Charles Head Married M 32 1879 French Polisher London Shoreditch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAIDWELL, Anne Rebecca Wife Married F 24 1887 London Bethnal Green

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAIDWELL, Ellen Augusta Daughter F 4 1907 London Bethnal Green

MAIDWELL, Alice Elizabeth Daughter F 3 1908 London Bethnal Green

MAIDWELL, Charles George Son M 1 1910 London Shoreditch

JOHNSON, William Brother In Law Single M 34 1877 Cabinet Maker L Bethnal Green

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 24 Dec 2010 18:15

I have sent you a PM regarding a birth of Graham

gabbana

gabbana Report 24 Dec 2010 18:16

sorry but i don.t agree with you maidwell is not a common name there is not many people with this name.

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 24 Dec 2010 18:18

I didn't mean it was 'common' but that you shared the name in that it was common to both of you

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 24 Dec 2010 18:23

OK so I havee got back to Graham's parents (I think but without certs all speculation)

Cyril F Maidwell married Lilian Rookwood in 1930 Lambeth

Cyril F Maidwell was born as below:

Births Dec 1906
Maidwell Cyril Frederick Bromley 2a 532

as he is not in your father's family in 1911 he may be perhaps related to Robert Charles Maidwell you grandfather

gabbana

gabbana Report 24 Dec 2010 18:33

hi rulandbelle
ok thank you for that so he could be as you said related to robert charles maidwell that is nice to know i am please because we have be trying for years so thank you again and have a merry christmas from anne

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 24 Dec 2010 18:43

Happy Christmas to you also,

gabbana

gabbana Report 27 Dec 2010 09:35

hi rutlandbelle
have had a reply from grahame maidwell and he looked at all the maidwell but can.t find robert maidwell in the1911 certs can you tell me when he was born and where because grahame has find all of my great granfather of the maidwells can you help he has look at the bmd can,t find please can you help
thank you for your time and help
gabbana

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 27 Dec 2010 10:21

morning, which Robert Maidwell do you mean? a different one to the one in the 1911 I posted above

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 27 Dec 2010 10:35

your father's birth:

Births Jun 1910
MAIDWELL Charles George Shoreditch 1c 31

his father's baptism:

Name: Robert Charles Maidwell
Record Type: Baptism
Estimated Birth Date: abt 1878
Baptism Date: 24 Nov 1878
Father's name: Charles Moses Maidwell
Mother's name: Ellen Maidwell
Parish or Poor Law Union: Shoreditch St Leonard
Borough: Hackney

There appear to be Maidwells in the Coventry area also. The only Cyril Maidwell born 1906 is in Coventry and says he was born there

gabbana

gabbana Report 27 Dec 2010 11:17

hi rutlandbellr
sorry did not get back to you befor now but was feeding my 19 rabbits very cold out where i live today
thank you very much for all your time and help
i am very greatful to you
have a nice day
happy new year to you
best wishes gabbana

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 27 Dec 2010 11:56

19 rabbits! my goodness. My dad used to keep and breed rabbits in the 1950's but for food not as pets!

Does Graham have his father's birth cert (Cyril Frederick Maidwell) that would give his father's name which you could then try and tie up with your tree.

gabbana

gabbana Report 27 Dec 2010 21:02

hi rutlandbelle
sorry i took so long to reply i have been very busys as boys home from school and collage and my sister in law has up tp see us for christmas yes grahame has a birth cert he told me that his dad,s dad was frederick john perrot maidwell and he said he has come a cross something though that involves great grand unclejohn phillip maidwell born 1843 d1911 dones this help then may be we can find where we are connected from gabbana