Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 Transcription Details

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janette

Janette Report 27 Dec 2010 17:32

Hi, I was wondering if someone could look up the transcription details for the household of Thomas Boulton, Cheadle Dilhorne born 1820. The document is a little hard to read.

Janette

Mary

Mary Report 27 Dec 2010 17:43

Dilhorne Staffordshire D4>4
Moor green
Richard Boulton 25 Carpenter
Mary 20
Hannah 5
Ann 2
Henry 6 months
then it has
Thomas Ag/ labourer 1820
William 15
William 20.

All born in County
Maryb

mac

mac Report 27 Dec 2010 17:45

The original on GR isn't too bad if you want a download PM me. Looks like there are a numbier of families or branches of the family all at Forsbrook Moor Green:

Daniel 50 Tailor/Hannah 50/Hugh26 tailor J/mary 12
William 50 Ag Lab
Stephen 41 Ag Lab/Maria 42
Richard 25 Carpenter/Mary 20/Hannah 5/Ann 2/Henry 6m
Thomas 20 Ag Lab/William 15 Ag Lab/William 20 carpenter

Janette

Janette Report 27 Dec 2010 17:47

Thanks Mary and mac :)

Janette

Janette Report 27 Dec 2010 18:47

Hi, I am now struggling yet again! This time locating Thomas Boulton born 1820 Dilhorne on the 1851 and 1861 census's. Beofre he then appears on the 1871 census in Dilhonre married to an Elizabeth.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks, Janette

mac

mac Report 27 Dec 2010 19:39

Not having any luck sorry, maybe someone else could try. There were too many Thomas/Elizabeth marriages to narrow that down either.

Not sure what history you have on the family, but is there a possibility they were Travellers - it's just googling Dilhorne Common may point to it, together with the fact that there were so many branches of the same family (or same family name) on the 1841 census.

There were still Boulton's living there 1851/61, but no sign of your Thomas that I could see until he appeared again in 1871.

Janette

Janette Report 27 Dec 2010 20:10

Thanks mac for all your time and effort. Will continue to look into this :) Janette

EDIT - Have found a match on ancestry for 1861 which Brummiejan has kindly looked up for me just 1851 to find now!