Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jane Thomas ( Poxon) maiden name Graham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 30 Dec 2010 03:48

Jane Poxon came to Australia in around 1914. Married Alfred Thomas 28/9/1918. St,Annes Church, Homebush. NSW Australia.
I am having trouble finding when she died. Cannot find anything. She did live in Epping when my family migrated here from England.
Have also tried to find anything on Alfred Thomas, born Kingston, England.
His parents Emma & Charles Joseph Thomas. But nothing.
Can anyone give me ideas......
Thanks Sheila

jax

jax Report 30 Dec 2010 04:21

Why start another one please delete duplicate

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 30 Dec 2010 04:49

Sheila, there is a Alfred Henry and Jane Thomas living at Davidson street
Cessnock N S W in the 1930 electoral roll he is a miner

jax

jax Report 30 Dec 2010 05:09

dorothy why reply here when I have asked for it to be deleted?

jax

jax Report 30 Dec 2010 11:39

well that was a complete waste of my time and effort then!!!

Can you tell me why you have deleted the thread with all the info on and kept this one

Valerie

Valerie Report 31 Dec 2010 05:09

Hi Sheila,

'Ryerson's Index' has a death for Alfred Charles Thomas 'late of Rockdale' 24/7/1970 ...SMH 27/7/1970...maybe worth a 'look-up'.

NSW/BMD shows the 1918 marriage for Alfred C Thomas & Jane Poxon.
(possible birth - 1892 Alfred Charles Thomas -parents Charles & Anne -{if not you may need to eliminate this one!}).

The 'NSW State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service ...they MAY attempt to find them on the electoral rolls (having a common name) ..if you give them more specific clues ....particular year/area to begin with.

In case it helps!....Valerie (WAus)

Sheila

Sheila Report 2 Jan 2011 09:43

Thanks Valerie,
I have a copy of the wedding certificate. Married Homebush NSW Australia
Trying to find both the death certificate for them. But not going anywhere with it.
We arrived here in 1953 and stayed with Jane Thomas (Poxon) for awhile.
Would be nice to have the death date and certificate for the tree.

Cheers Sheila (NSW)

Valerie

Valerie Report 2 Jan 2011 12:17

Thanks Sheila. Hopefully the electoral rolls will show where they were last living ..... and indicate the year they went 'missing'. Do you think they could've moved to another State? The librarians will check for you. ..... Valerie