Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2010 13:12

I have been a member of Ancestry for over two years and I still find it difficult to negotiate sometimes.

I have just renewed and my subs were £107 for Premium membership. That is OK but nowhere can I find what premium membership entitles me to.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 30 Dec 2010 13:17

¦Essentials Membership contains all the essential UK records needed to start researching your family history - such as Birth, Marriage & Death Indexes and Census records. It costs £83.40 a year, or, if you are a monthly member, £10.95 a month.

¦Premium Membership contains all of the above, but also includes UK records that predate civil registration (1837), such as Parish & Probate records. It costs £107.40 a year, or, if you are a monthly member, £12.95 a month.

¦Worldwide Membership, you get all the benefits of Premium, as well as access to Ancestry's global record collection - featuring records from USA, Canada, Australia and more. You can also access our Irish record collection. World membership costs £155.40 a year, or, if you are a monthly member, £18.95 a month.

Help -then search on membership - select Different membership packages

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 30 Dec 2010 13:25

I also have Premium Membership-does it include the recently added 1911 data-I have not found it !!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 30 Dec 2010 13:36

Ancestry only has the summary books for 1911

Joy

Joy Report 30 Dec 2010 13:44

As G B said, ancestry has put the summary books on its site; by the end of next year, the 1911 census will be fully on the ancestry site.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 30 Dec 2010 13:56

Well-I could not find them-help ?

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 30 Dec 2010 14:02

If you go to the Home page you should see the 1911 listed or copy and paste this link into your browser.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=1708

Christine

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2010 16:25

Thankd for that, sorry not to reply straight away was out buying a TV!!

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 30 Dec 2010 16:33

Thank you Christine

Ann-I had a new T.V from Father Christmas !!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2010 17:49

This one is for this room (my office and other half's sport watching room), we had to get one for when we go digital as the bedroom one will be no good then, so the 19" from this room has gone in the bedroom, and OH now has a 26 inch one in here.

mgnv

mgnv Report 30 Dec 2010 22:49

Re 1911 - you might check out my thread:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/records_office/thread/1253029

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 31 Dec 2010 01:23

Seems every house in the country has been swapping tellies around lately. I am going to start a boring commentary and say - my new, super-duper caravan, due for delivery in February, has an all-singing all-dancing telly, just to make up for the ramshackle arrangement at home!

Love to all

Madmeg

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 31 Dec 2010 08:23

I had a Premium subscription for one year back in 2008 and found it a complete waste of money, at least for the areas I am researching, so I cancelled and reverted back to Essentials.

I think the London Met records are included in Premium, so might be useful if you have ancestors from that area.