Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I find?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 22 Jan 2011 16:59

I am researching my village in the 1841 census. There are three districts 4/5/6, I have looked at district 5, but some of the outlaying farms are in districts 4 and 6. How do I access them please?

Kathlyn

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Jan 2011 17:10

Click on where it says "district 5" at the top of the census image. You should then get a list of the other districts. Click on each one in turn.

EDIT - this is if you are using Ancestry. Not sure how you do it on Genes if that is what you are using.

Kath. x

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 22 Jan 2011 17:20

Hi Kath,

Tried this and got a header sheet for the outlaying farms I am looking for but when I clicked on district 4 or 6 all I get is one sheet with the farm names on in no occupation names.

Kathlyn

mgnv

mgnv Report 23 Jan 2011 03:00

There's 2 columns - the left says district 6, e.g., and the right says view description of enumeration district - clicking on right col gets what you're seeing - clicking on the left col gets the enumerator's book of sheets that you're expecting.