Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IS THIS HELEN SANTY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jemimaellen

jemimaellen Report 4 Feb 2011 12:17

Hi ,im not sure if anyone can help with this but, on the Ancestry site and London,England, Births and Baptism's 1813-1906... there is an Image of " Helen b,1831 Middlsex and in the Keyword i put in Paddington...... ... There is a Baptism on there and instead of the Parents names there is a lot of Writing and it starts " The lady who bought this Child" that is all i can make out is there anyone out there who could help please . i think this maybe my Missing Ancestor Helen Santy who was born in London as far as i know (all her Siblings were) in 1831 , i would be greatful if anyone can see this Image and work out the rest of the Writing or if anyones know's how i can find out .......Thanks

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 4 Feb 2011 12:24

roughly

The woman who brought the child to be baptised was ignorant of the parents Christian names, but promised to send them to the clerk, which she never did.

jemimaellen

jemimaellen Report 4 Feb 2011 12:30

Thank you Lindsey that is brillliant , it probably isnt my Helen then as i would have thought that the child was just left there, and i have Helen on the 1841 Census , but nothing else on her at all she just seems to disappear , once again Lindsey that you

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 4 Feb 2011 12:33

The way I read it:

" The woman who brought this child to be (?) baptised was ignorant of the parents christian names but promised to send them in to the clerk which she never did"

jemimaellen

jemimaellen Report 4 Feb 2011 12:49

Hi MadBull
thank you for your reply , i will keep this all written down in the hope i can find out if it is Helen Santy
thank you